Thank you for visiting our Contra Costa County MOVE-IN Assistance registration page.
You will receive an email within 24 hours acknowledging receipt of your application.
If you meet the basic criteria required by our funders, we will contact you via email with your application status and next steps within 5 business days.
Please be understanding if there is a slight delay as we are receiving a large number of requests. We will respond to you as quickly as we can and there is no need to submit your information again.
Due to funding restrictions, not all registrants are eligible for move-in assistance.
- The registrant resides in Contra Costa County
- The registrant lives in a place not meant for human habitation (car, streets) or lives in a shelter or hotels/motels paid for by charitable organizations, federal, state, or local government
- The registrant is exiting an institution where they have resided for 90 days (not couch surfing) or is fleeing, or is attempting to flee, domestic violence, has no other residence, or lacks the resources or support networks to obtain other permanent housing
- Driver’s license for adults - we can accept paper documentation given after passing test, renewed license for elderly or applicable documentation AND
- Social Security cards for everyone in the household, if applicable, or a picture ID OR
- Most recent tax returns, social security office letter stating card has been requested.
- For minors: Birth certificate, or immunization records from the school.
Proof of Crisis:
- Homeless certificate
- If applicable, Restraining order or police report
- If applicable, proof of the agency paying for hotel/motel
- If rental has been found, provide a Letter of Intent
- For Section 8, provide the full Section 8 Voucher and "Inspection Passed" document
Please complete the information below.
All fields below are required.